This article discusses troubleshooting steps when the QuickBooks Desktop integration fails during the transfer of an invoice or purchase order from Autotask PSA to QuickBooks Desktop. Use this article when your QuickBooks Desktop transfer does not complete.
- Autotask PSA
- QuickBooks Desktop
Check browser settings
1. Review the Configure Your Browser Settings online help document and make sure that your browser settings are up to date.
2. Confirm the browser settings are correct (other than transferring an invoice) by going to Admin ⟶ Extensions and Integrations ⟶ Quickbooks Extension ⟶ Item Mapping. If the page is blank, recheck the browser settings.
Check the folder structure
1. Check your C:\ drive for one of the following folder paths:
C:\Users*your username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Autotask\AutotaskConnect\QuickBooks\Logs
Note: *your username*\ refers to the username you use to log into your machine.
If one of the above folder paths do not exist, you must create it. You must be an admin on your machine to create the folder path.
2. After creating the folder structure, log into QuickBooks Desktop in Admin → Single User Mode and try to transfer the invoice again.
3. If the folder structure exists and the transfer still does not complete, make sure you have correct permissions for the folders.
Note: Due to an issue with Windows, both folder structures may need to exist. If the transfer fails and only one path exists with full write permissions, try adding the other path with full write permissions.
Check User Account Control settings
1. Navigate to Windows User Account Control settings by either of these methods:
- Search the machine for user account control settings.
- Navigate to Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts, then select change user account control settings.
2. Set your UAC settings to never notify and click OK.
Reset Internet Explorer settings
In Internet Explorer, navigate to Settings ⟶ Internet Options ⟶ Advanced Tab ⟶ Reset Internet Explorer Settings ⟶ Reset ⟶ Reset.
If the problem persists, note the version of QuickBooks Desktop, gather the most recent transfer log file, and contact Autotask PSA Technical Support.