When attempting to transfer an expense report from Autotask PSA to QuickBooks Online, you see an error similar to the following:
"Error processing Expense Report '201805' (id=129) to Quickbooks Online.
Details: No QuickBooks customer was found for Autotask account "Microsoft - Entertainment," and there was an error creating a corresponding Customer in QuickBooks.
Reason: Duplicate Name Exists Error The name supplied already exists. : Another customer, vendor or employee is already using this name. Please use a different name."
- Autotask PSA
- QuickBooks Online
- The customer or vendor does not exist, and the user does not have sufficient permissions to create a new customer. Users must have an admin security level in QuickBooks Online to create new customers.
- The customer or vendor exists, but the name is only set for the Display Name, not the actual Company Name of the customer or vendor in QuickBooks Online.
- The record exists in an incorrect location. For example, a customer name is listed under vendor rather than customer. Vendors, customers, and employee names cannot be the same in QuickBooks. This rule comes from QuickBooks and you cannot bypass it.
1. Log into QuickBooks Online as an administrator.
2. Edit the account in QuickBooks Online by navigating to Sales → Customers → Search Customer Name → Edit Customer.
3. Add or update any needed information.
4. Attempt to transfer the expense report again.