This article describes steps you can take to improve the D200's cellular signal quality and strength while minimizing signal interference.
- Datto D200
Signal quality and strength factors
A D200's LTE signal quality and strength depend heavily on the environment in which you place it. Because of this, it is difficult to give a "one size fits all" solution for optimizing LTE signal strength and quality. Many factors can influence signal strength and quality, including:
- Proximity to the cellular tower
- Physical barriers
- Competing signals
- Tower load
Improving signal quality and strength
Apply the following best practices to improve the D200's LTE connection strength and quality:
- Update the device to the latest firmware version.
- Move the D200 to the side of the building closest to the carrier's cellular tower, and the highest point possible.
- Move the device as close to an exterior wall or window as possible.
- If it is placed in a server rack or metal cage, move the D200 on top or outside of the rack. The metal body of a server rack can block and deflect the cellular signal.
- Avoid placing the D200 near any other electrical devices, wiring, or radio devices.