This article explains how to perform a cloud file restore by using the new Recovery Launchpad.
- Datto Partner Portal
- New Recovery Launchpad
To mount a file restore, follow the steps below.
1. From the Partner Portal, navigate to Status → BCDR Status.
2. Click the name of the device for which you wish to create an image export.
3. Click RECOVERY LAUNCHPAD at the top right of the page.
4. Click START FILE RESTORE.
5. Click the check box next to the system you need to restore.
6. Click the date field under Choose Recovery Point. The Recovery Launchpad displays the latest available backup by default.
7. Select a date and time from the available restore points, then click SELECT.
8. Click CREATE FILE RESTORE.
9. You'll see the restore listed under the File Restores section of the restore page. Click the cloud icon to proceed.
10. You can browse your files via SFTP or weblink. Choose your preferred option to proceed.
The SFTP export option lets you access your restored files using any SFTP browser such as Cyberduck (external link) or Core FTP (external link). SFTP may be the most convenient option if the data needs to be accessed from multiple machines or by clients who may not have access to the Partner Portal. Click SHOW SFTP DETAILS to view the SFTP address and credentials.
The Weblink option lets you access your restored files in a standard folder hierarchy. You'll see a folder for each restored volume. You can click the folder to go deeper into the file structure. You can click the download icon to the right of the folder or file listing to download a copy to your local machine.
When you've finished accessing your recovered files, remove the restore by clicking the wastebasket icon on the far right side of the file restore listing.