This article provides an overview of procedures for ordering, synchronizing, and returning Datto roundtrip units.
- Datto Roundtrip
- Ordering a RoundTrip
- Syncing a RoundTrip
- Returning a RoundTrip
- Replacement cost
- Partner-provided hard drives
- Service fees for non-complimentary RoundTrips
Ordering a RoundTrip
For instructions for ordering a RoundTrip unit, see How to Order a RoundTrip.
Syncing a RoundTrip
To synchronize a USB device for RoundTrip, follow the instructions in Synchronizing a USB RoundTrip with a Datto Device.
To synchronize a RoundTrip drive using the built-in network ports, see Synchronizing a NAS RoundTrip with a Datto Device.
Returning a RoundTrip
You must return RoundTrip units to one of the following locations based on where you are located.
|USA partners||ATTN: Datto TierPoint - Shipping and Receiving
9999 Hamilton Boulevard
Building #4, Dock 7
Breinigsville, PA 18031
|Canadian partners||Datto Canada RoundTrip Department
20 Pullman Court
Scarborough, ON M1X 1E4
|UK / EMEA partners||Datto Europe
250 Longwater Avenue
C/O Noris Network
AG Klausnerstraße 30
Equinix SY4 ATTN: Datto RoundTrip Dept. 200 Bourke Road Sydney NSW 2015 AU
When you return a RoundTrip unit to Datto, the packaging, you must use the original packaging. Using non-Datto packaging can result in damage, HDD failure, and data synchronization problems. The original packaging consists of the box, packing foam, USB data transfer cables, and power supply (if applicable).
- If a RoundTrip unit comes back physically damaged, Datto will notify you, and a new unit shipment will be scheduled.
- If a RoundTrip unit comes back with corrupted or missing data, but Datto determines the cause of the damage is not attributable to improper packaging. Datto will notify you and will ship you a new unit free of charge.
- If Datto determines the cause of damage is attributable to improper packaging, you will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the unit according to the table below.
- RoundTrip units should be returned to Datto promptly to ensure the optimal synchronization of data between a local Datto appliance and the Datto Cloud. If you have not returned a RoundTrip unit within 56 days of delivery, You will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the RoundTrip unit, as set forth below.
- You are fully responsible for all consequences of a delay in returning a RoundTrip unit that results in incomplete data synchronization between a Datto appliance and the Datto Cloud, and the need for that data in the event of a disaster or other business continuity event.
- You should request a receipt upon pickup as proof you are no longer in possession of the product.
|RoundTrip unit model||Replacement fee (USD)|
|2 TB Enclosed External||$185.00|
|4 TB Enclosed External||$250.00|
|6 TB Enclosed External||$355.00|
|8 TB Enclosed External||$410.00|
|10 TB Enclosed External||$610.00|
|12 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$2,150.00|
|15 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$2,430.00|
|30 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$3,500.00|
|28 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$3,860.00|
|36 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$4,115.00|
|70 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$6,550.00|
The following are estimates and not guarantees, for the time required to sync data from a RoundTrip unit to the Datto Cloud. These estimates depend on a partner’s compliance with all of the RoundTrip terms and conditions. These estimates do not include travel time.
|RoundTrip size||Estimated sync time|
|2 TB and 4 TB units||Three business days|
|6 TB, 8 TB and 10 TB NAS units||Approximately 1day per TB|
Partner-Provided Hard Drives
Instead of using a Datto provided RoundTrip drive, You can provide and ship your own hard drive (HDD) containing data from a local Datto appliance without incurring any charge for RoundTrip service. If you provide your own drive to use for a RoundTrip, You must agree to the following terms:
You can send enclosed HDDs to Datto as long as you provide proper power and data cables.
Pre-paid shipping of HDDs to Datto is your responsibility. Datto will not provide inbound shipping labels under any circumstances. If there is any apparent damage to HDDs from inadequate packaging materials, Datto will not be obligated to perform any extraneous processes to recover data.
Every Partner-provided HDD must be sent to Datto at the proper address, based on partner location specified in the Returning a RoundTrip section, and must include all of the following information:
- Company name
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Serial number for the associated Datto appliance
- Appliance name
- Return shipping address
Datto will provide complimentary return shipping via UPS Ground once we have synchronized the data to the Datto Cloud. When applicable, Datto will use specially made packaging and boxes for return shipments of HDDs if desired. You can then reuse this packaging for future shipping of your HDDs for RoundTrip service.
Service fees for non-complimentary RoundTrips (USD)
|RoundTrip unit model||Service fee (USD)|
|2 TB Enclosed External||$30.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|4 TB Enclosed External||$45.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|6 TB Enclosed External||$60.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|8 TB Enclosed External||$75.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|10 TB Enclosed External||$90.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|12 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|15 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|30 TB 4-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|28 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|36 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|
|70 TB 8-bay NAS unit||$100.00 base fee + initial outbound shipping fee|