This article describes how to set up a client VPN for D200 and DNA routers and Android mobile devices.
- Datto D200 Router
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
- Android devices
1. Configure the client VPN settings on the router.
2. On Datto Network Manager's VPN page, click Download User Credentials and save them to a known location. For D200 devices, this will be a .zip file. For DNA devices, this will be a .conf file.
3. Unzip the folder, locate the user's .ovpn file, and move it from your computer to a folder on the mobile device.
4. Follow the specific setup steps below for Android devices or iOS devices.
1. On the Android device, open the Google Play Store & install the official OpenVPN app.
2. Open the OpenVPN app and agree to the terms and conditions. The Import Profile screen will appear.
3. Tap File. A dialog box will open, asking for permission to access your device. Tap Allow.
4. Navigate to the location where you saved the users .opvn file then tap on it.
5. After the app imports the file, you will see a confirmation. Tap Connect after import.
6. After connecting, the profile will show as CONNECTED on the screen. Tap the toggle to disconnect and re-connect.