This article discusses configuring and receiving critical event alerts from client networks in Datto Network Manager.
- Datto Network Manager
You can specify which email addresses will get an alert email when a critical event occurs on your Datto network. There are two alert levels:
- Network-level alerts: This level specifies alert conditions for devices on the specified network only.
- Account-level alerts: This level specifies alert conditions for devices in all networks within your account.
- Setting network-level alerts
- Setting account-level alerts
- Viewing and changing email alert status for users on your network
- Receiving email alerts
- Disabling email alerts
Setting network-level alerts
1. Click Configure in the navigation menu, then click Alerts from the expanded options.
2. The Network Alert Settings page lets you select which situations generate email alerts for each type of device in your network.
3. In the Additional Alert Emails field, you can enter the email addresses of people you wish to receive critical device alerts. To enter multiple emails, separate them with commas. When finished, click the Add button.
Setting account-level alerts
1. In Datto Network Manager, click the user name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then select Account Alert Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Check the box next to each device type to enable alerts for those devices. (See Figure 1, above).
3. In the Additional Alert Emails field, you can enter the email addresses of people whom you wish to receive critical device alerts (see Figure 2, above).
- To enter multiple emails, separate them with commas.
- Check Enable alerts during maintenance window to receive alerts even if the device is in a maintenance period
When finished, click the Add button.
Viewing and changing email alert status for users on your network
1. In Datto Network Manager, click the username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then select Users from the drop-down menu.
A list will populate, showing all users on your Datto network. The email alert status for each user appears in the Email Alerts column.
2. To change a user's email alert status, click the ellipsis icon for that user, then click Edit Info in the drop-down menu.
Receiving email alerts
Designated users will receive an email for all specified critical-level alerts on the Datto network.
Disabling email alerts
To disable an alert, clear the check box for the alert condition underneath the desired device type.