This article describes the process of setting up new Datto SaaS Protection accounts that you will manage on behalf of your customer, without the need to know their G Suite or Office 365 account credentials.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Before you begin
The procedure to set up a new Datto SaaS Protection client varies depending on the role you take in managing your client's account.
If you are managing the Datto SaaS Protection account for your client
Follow the setup instructions in the appropriate article:
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: How to start protecting clients
- How to set up Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
If you will not have access to this account after setup
Follow the setup instructions in Datto SaaS Protection: Adding a new client-managed Datto SaaS Protection account without client credentials
If you are setting up the account, but do not have the client's login credentials
Follow the setup instructions below.
Set up the account
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Protection Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the New SaaS Account button.
3. The New SaaS Account dialog box will appear. Click the Select or Create Client drop-down menu. If the client already exists, select them from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select Create New. Configure the Add SaaS Client options as described in How to set up Datto SaaS Protection 2.0. For the option Do you have global admin credentials for the Office 365 tenant you are protecting? select No.
Authorize the account
If you selected Client Managed, Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the new client an email with instructions for authorization. The system will create a new account once the client completes authorization.
Figure 4: The client authorization email (click to enlarge)
If you've selected Partner-managed, Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the partner-managed account an email with instructions for authorization.
Re-sending the authorization email
Whether the account is partner-managed or client-managed, you will see a link titled Waiting.
1. Navigate to the SaaS Protection Status page, and click Check Authorization under the Details field.
2. In the Account Creation in Progress dialog window, enter the account email address, then click RESEND EMAIL. Doing so will resend the authorization email to the email address you have entered.