This article describes the process of setting up new Datto SaaS Protection accounts that your customer will manage, and to which you will not have access, without the need to know their G Suite or Office 365 account credentials.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for Office 365
Use this procedure to set up a Datto SaaS Protection account for your customer in cases where they will manage the account, and you will not have access.
Add the client account
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Protection Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the Add SaaS Client button.
3. The New SaaS Account dialog box will appear. Click the Select or Create Client drop-down menu. If the client already exists, select them from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select Create New.
Adding the client
- Select or create a client: Enter a new client's name, or select an existing client from the drop-down menu.
- Region where data is stored: Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
- Select which product will be backed up: Choose Office 365 or G Suite.
- Select commitment term and retention: Choose a 1 year or month-to-month commitment term, then choose Infinite Cloud Retention (ICR) or Time Based Retention (TBR). See Understanding licensing and commitment terms to learn more.
- For the option Who will manage this SaaS Protection Service? select Client Only.
Under Select or create client user, enter the client's first name, last name, email address, country code, and mobile phone number in the appropriate fields. You will only be able to select a user if you selected a pre-existing client as part of this process.
- Users Auto-Add: Enable Auto-add to automatically charge a license and add new users as the system discovers them.
- Enable User License Cap: This feature caps the number of licenses the system can use through Auto-Add. Select this checkbox to activate the license cap, then use the Enter cap field to select the license cap number.
Once you finish selecting the Add SaaS Client options, click the Acknowledgement checkbox, then click the Add SaaS Client button. The system will redirect you to the Microsoft or G Suite login page. Log in with your account credentials.
Have the client authorize the account
After providing the client's information, Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the new client an email with instructions for authorization. The system will create a new account once the client completes the authorization process. For Office 365 clients, this process must be completed using Global Administrator credentials.
Complete the setup
Return to the Datto Partner Portal's SaaS Protection Status page. You will see a label titled Check Authorization in the Details column. When your customer completes the account authorization, that label will disappear, and the account will begin protecting seats.