This article explains how to replace a networking device without erasing the previous device’s configuration.
- Datto Network Manager
This procedure is typically used for RMA replacements. This is not the proper procedure for network transfers. For information on transferring a device between networks, see Datto Network Manager: How do I transfer Datto Networking devices from one network to another?
This process applies only to the following devices:
- Routers: G200/D200
- Switches: L8, L24, E8, E24, E48
- Managed Power: MP10, MP60
This process does not apply to Datto Access Points. The access point configuration is bulk-managed in the Access Points menu in Network Manager.
For DNA configuration transfers, contact Datto Networking support for assistance. In this article, we will be using a Datto D200 router as an example device. This process is the same for all other devices listed.
1. In Datto Network Manager, navigate to the device’s Status page.
Once you save the changes, the old device will stop checking in. The new device will begin checking in, then it will download the previous device’s configuration and begin functioning as expected. A reboot is not required.
- This method will only let you change the MAC address to a device that is already linked to your partner account, and not registered to another network. If you get an error indicating that the device cannot be added, double-check that the device is listed under networking status as an unregistered device.
- If you have further trouble, or your device is not listed in networking status, contact Datto Networking Support.