This article discusses the Daily Backup Success Report on the SaaS Protection Status page of the Datto Partner Portal
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
- Datto Partner Portal
Navigating to the SaaS Protection Status page
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Protection Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the BACKUPS tab at the top of the page, then click REPORTING.
3. The Daily Success Report dialog box will appear. Select your time zone and enter your email address, then click SUBMIT to generate the report. The system captures your time zone so that the report can standardize from 12 am-12 am as the previous 24 hours of captured data. After opting in, you will receive this report daily from email@example.com.
Reading the Success Report
Figure 5: Backup success report body (click to enlarge)
The Success report contains the following sections:
A. Client Name: The name of the protected customer
B. Product: The application suite Datto Saas Protection is backing up (G Suite or Office 365)
C. Application: The protected application in a live environment
D. Users Fully Protected (Last 24 hrs): The first number shows how many services had a successful backup in the last 24 hours without item failure. The second number indicates the total number of active services. Archived or paused services will not display as they will not actively be taking backups. These services will still appear in recovery and protection management functions within the platform.
E. Never Fully Protected: This field shows how many services never completed their initial backup.
- Services will have completed their initial backup when all of the items present in the live environment are backed up successfully, and a snapshot is taken.
F. Last Date Fully Protected: This column shows the last date upon which all services successfully backed up in a 24hr period. This date should reflect the last time that the ratio of services fully protected is 100%.
- If this date is longer than 10 days ago, this field will show "Over 10 Days Ago."
- If all services for an application have completed a backup at least once in a 24hr period without item failure and that date is within the last 10 days, then that date will be displayed.
- If services are actively completing their initial backup, this field will display "Ingesting Service(s)."
G: Last 10 Days: Shows the backup status for the last ten days using the following icons:
- Green circle: All active seats completed a backup without item failure at least once in a 24-hour period.
- Half green/half orange circle: All active seats completed a backup within a 24 hour period, but at least one experienced item failure during a backup attempt.
- Red X: At least one seat failed to take any successful backups within the last 24-hour period.
- White circle: No data available for this day. The white circle icon will likely only appear if a product or application has been newly added to SaaS Protection.