We are currently investigating issues where certain services and drivers running on Windows protected machines can cause a blue screen (BSOD) on virtualizations or screenshots.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
You can work around these situations by booting the virtual machine into safe mode, then disabling the services listed below if any are present.
- ASUS Com Service (ASIO.sys driver)
- Dell Data Vault Processor
- Dell Data Vault Collector
- Dell Data Vault Service API
- Dell SupportAssist Agent
- Dell Performance Precision Optimizer
- Dell PPO Maintenance Service
- Dell PPO Track & Analyze Service
- Dell PPO Service
To avoid this problem altogether, you can disable these services on the protected Windows machine (if they are not in use).
Datto's engineering team is aware of this issue and is working on a permanent fix.